2015 World Curling Federation General Assembly - Rule Changes
Key Competition and Rules changes approved by the AGA are summarised as:
• Introduction of the Olympic semi-final system at the Pacific-Asia and European A Division Curling Championships to replace the Page system.
• Introduction of a new play-off and relegation system for the European B Division Championships.
• Qualification for the third place team from the Pacific-Asia Championships to the WCF’s Olympic Qualification Event, if they have not previously qualified.
• Two minutes more thinking time for wheelchair curling games: new total of 38 minutes.
Changes to the rules and format of Mixed Doubles:
• In order to vary the strategies of teams and shots, the in-house pre-placed stone will be moved from the back of the pin hole to the back of the four foot rings.
• Removal of the requirement for the non-throwing member of the team to be in the house.
• Introduction of a “PowerPlay” option into the game allowing the team with the Last Rock advantage to setup an end with a corner guard strategy once per game.
- Australian Curling Federation
- NSW Curling Assiciation
- VIC Curling Association
- QLD Curling Association
- World Curling Federation