2018 Mens, Womens, Mixed and Junior National Championships Entries Open
The National Competitions Committee for the Australian Curling Federation (ACF) is seeking team nominations for the Men’s, Women’, Mixed Fours and Junior events being held in Naseby, NZ commencing on Thursday 7th June 2018 and finishing on Sunday 10th June. PLEASE NOTE: there is a chance that training and competition games could begin earlier than the advertised commencement date of Thursday 7th June; dependent on the number of teams registered and competitors entering multiple disciplines within the competition (schedule conflicts). All competitions will be a minimum double elimination format.
The ACF will follow the Australian Curling Federation National Eligibility document Version 1.1 and all players must be current paid members of a state association (by competition in June). A copy of the National Eligibility document is attached for reference. Please note that the National Eligibility document is currently being updated to included Mixed Fours and will be issued before Nationals in June.
Upon completion of National’s, and provided the teams meet the ACF selection criteria and the World Curling Federation (WCF) criteria:
- The winning teams of the Men’s and Women’s events will represent Australia in the Pacific Asia Curling Championships (date and location as yet undecided) in their respective disciplines.
- The winning team in the Mixed Fours will represent Australia in the World Mixed Championships (date and location as yet undecided).
- The winning teams in the Juniors will represent Australia in the World Junior-B Championships (Feb 17-24, 2019 in Liverpool, Nova Scotia)
Interested teams are required to register their nomination by 2000 hrs AEST 1st April 2018 and a non-refundable $500 deposit is required to be paid with each team nomination. (Applicable to all disciplines). The fee has increased this year as the ACF has taken out insurance to cover travel for teams competing in ACF endorsed events overseas (including this national competition).
A State Representative is required to sign each team’s nomination to confirm that each player is a paid member of their State Association. If there are players from more than one State, then a State Representative from each State must sign.
Once the nomination due date closes the following will apply to teams:
- If there is only a single team nominating for a discipline: the team will have their deposit reimbursed in full;
- If there are more than one team nominating for a discipline: teams will be required to deposit a further $500 (for a total of $1000) per team to secure their nomination. This second deposit will be required within a week of the nomination due date of April 1. Teams that do not show up to a competition to compete in earnest will forfeit their entire deposit of $1000. After the competition is finished teams will be reimbursed for the excess deposit amount once costs have been established (dependent on number of teams competing).
Entries are to be sent to Cait Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org using the attached form. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of both the nomination form and the $500 deposit.
Account Name: The Australian Curling Federation Inc.
BSB/Account Number: 034292 / 361160
Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
Please direct any questions to Cait Weaver at email@example.com
Rink Info in NZ: http://www.curling.co.nz/