Wheelchair • Junior Men • Junior Women • Men • Women • Mixed (Fours)
The National Competitions Committee for the Australian Curling Federation (ACF) is seeking team nominations for the Men’s, Women’s, Mixed (Fours), Junior Men’s, Junior Women’s and Wheelchair events being held in Naseby, NZ commencing on Monday 15 August 2022 and finishing on Sunday 21 August 2022.
The final dates and competition duration will be determined by the number of teams entered and will be released to the nominated representative of successful teams by 15 June 2022 as well as posted on this website – click here for excel spreadsheet Version 3. It is recommended that teams do not make travel arrangements until this release is received.
A competition draw schedule (Version 3) for each team will be released in a similar manner by end of June 2022. The draw for each discipline will be dependent on the number of teams nominating and will include a double knockout format as a minimum. All attempts will be made to increase the minimum number of games played by each team to three.
The nomination process and competition outcomes will follow the ACF Eligibility and Selection document Version 2.0 and all players must be current paid members of a State Association (by competition in August) to compete. A copy of the Eligibility and Selection document may be found here or under the Policies and Documents section of the Resources tab at the top of the page.
The competition will follow the World Curling Federation (WCF) Rules for Curling Oct 2021 unless otherwise stated in the ACF Nationals Rules Handbook that will be issued prior to the competition. The WCF rules can be found here.
Upon completion of the Nationals competition, and provided the teams meet the ACF selection criteria and the World Curling Federation (WCF) criteria:
- The winning team in the Mixed Fours will represent Australia at the World Mixed Curling Championships (WMxCC) in Aberdeen Scotland on 15-22 Oct 2022.
- The winning teams in the Men’s and Women’s will represent Australia at the Pan-Continental Curling Championships (PCCC) tentatively scheduled for 5-12 Nov 2022 with the location as yet to be decided. The Men will play in the PCCC-B and the Women in the PCCC-A.
- The winning Junior Teams will represent Australia at the World Junior B Curling Championships (WJBCC) tentatively scheduled for 8-19 Dec 2022 with the location as yet to be decided.
- The winning wheelchair teams will represent Australia at the World Wheelchair B-Curling Championship (WWhBCC) tentatively scheduled for 5-12 Nov 2022 with the location as yet to be decided.
PLEASE NOTE: TEAM NOMINATION DATE NOW CLOSED
Interested teams are required to register their nomination by 2359 hrs AEST 3 June 2022 and a non-refundable $500 deposit is required to be paid with each team nomination.
A State Representative is required to sign each team’s nomination to confirm that each player is a paid member of their State Association. If there are players from more than one State, then a State Representative from each State must sign, or alternatively submit a separate declaration regarding their nominated participants stating the same.
Once the nomination due date closes the following will apply to nominating teams:
- If there is only a single team nominating for a discipline, the team will have their deposit reimbursed in full.
- If there is more than one team nominating for a discipline but less than four teams in total for that discipline, the teams will be required to deposit a further $500 (for a total of $1000) per team to secure their nomination. The requirement for this second deposit will be included in the 15 June competition schedule release and payment required by 22 June. Teams that do not show up to the competition to compete in earnest will forfeit their entire deposit of $1000. After the competition is finished, teams will be reimbursed for the excess deposit amount (if any) once costs have been finalised.
Entries are to be sent to the ACF Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc’d to Dave Thomas at email@example.com using the attached forms. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of both the nomination form and the $500 deposit. Deposits are to be sent to the following:
- Account Name: The Australian Curling Federation Inc.
- BSB/Account Number: 034292 / 361160
- Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
- Mention “Team Name” in description field
Please direct any queries to Dave Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rink Info in NZ: http://www.curling.co.nz/
When it comes to sport integrity, it is critical that our athletes and support personnel are aware of their rights and responsibilities. There are a range of tools and resources available to help keep participants informed. Sport Integrity Australia provides a suite of courses and the Australian Curling Federation has an education plan for members which was rolled out in 2021. It is mandatory for all nominating teams to complete the required courses and submitted with the nomination form (including coaches, officials, support personnel). Instructions for completing eLearning courses can be found here.
Note: It is optional to submit an application to the training camp.
© Australian Curling Federation – All rights reserved.