Wheelchair (Mixed) • Junior Men • Junior Women • Men • Women • Mixed (Fours)
The National Competitions Committee for the Australian Curling Federation (ACF) is seeking team nominations for the Men’s, Women’s, Mixed (Fours), Junior Men’s, Junior Women’s and Wheelchair events being held in Naseby, NZ commencing on Tuesday 6 June 2023 and finishing on Sunday 11 June 2023.
The final dates and competition duration will be determined by the number of teams entered and will be released to the nominated representative of successful teams by 15 April 2023 as well as posted on this website. It is recommended that teams do not make travel arrangements until this release is received.
A competition for each team will be released in a similar manner by end of April/beg of May 2023. The draw for each discipline will be dependent on the number of teams nominating and will include a double knockout format as a minimum. All attempts will be made to increase the minimum number of games played by each team to three.
The nomination process and competition outcomes will follow the ACF Eligibility and Selection document Version 2.0 and all players must be current paid members of a State Association (by competition in August) to compete. A copy of the Eligibility and Selection document may be found here or under the Policies and Documents section of the Resources tab at the top of the page.
The competition will follow the current World Curling Federation (WCF) Rules for Curling Oct 2022 unless otherwise stated in the ACF Nationals Rules Handbook that will be issued prior to the competition. The WCF rules can be found here.
Upon completion of the Nationals competition, and provided the teams meet the ACF selection criteria and the World Curling Federation (WCF) criteria:
- The winning team in the Mixed Fours will represent Australia at the World Mixed Curling Championships (WMxCC) tentatively scheduled 14-21 Oct 2023 (Location and dates unconfirmed).
- The winning teams in the Men’s and Women’s will represent Australia at the Pan-Continental Curling Championships (PCCC) tentatively scheduled for 23-29 October 2023 with the location as yet to be decided. The Men and Women will both play in the PCCC-A.
- The winning Junior Teams will represent Australia at the World Junior B Curling Championships (WJBCC) tentatively scheduled for 8-19 Dec or 13 -21 Dec 2023 with the location as yet to be decided.
- The winning wheelchair teams will represent Australia at the World Wheelchair B-Curling Championship (WWhBCC) tentatively scheduled for 4-11 Nov 2023 with the location as yet to be decided.
Interested teams are required to register their nomination by 2359 hrs AEST 31 March 2023 and a non-refundable $500 deposit is required to be paid with each team nomination.
The nomination process has gone digital!! As part of our effort to streamline the nomination process, teams will now complete the form online. See the checklist above for the information required before nominating. Under 18 years old players must have a consent form completed and emailed to: email@example.com. Consent form can be found HERE.
Once the nomination due date closes the following will apply to nominating teams:
- If there is only a single team nominating for a discipline, the team will have their deposit reimbursed in full.
- If there is more than one team nominating for a discipline but less than four teams in total for that discipline, the teams will be required to deposit a further $500 (for a total of $1000) per team to secure their nomination. The requirement for this second deposit will be included in the 15 April competition schedule release and payment required by 22 April. Teams that do not show up to the competition to compete in earnest will forfeit their entire deposit of $1000. After the competition is finished, teams will be reimbursed for the excess deposit amount (if any) once costs have been finalised.
A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of both the nomination form and the $500 deposit. Deposits are to be sent to the following:
- Account Name: The Australian Curling Federation Inc.
- BSB/Account Number: 034292 / 361160
- Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
- Mention “Team Name” in description field
Rink Info in NZ: http://www.curling.co.nz/
When it comes to sport integrity, it is critical that our athletes and support personnel are aware of their rights and responsibilities. There are a range of tools and resources available to help keep participants informed. Sport Integrity Australia provides a suite of courses and the Australian Curling Federation has an education plan for members which was rolled out in 2021. It is mandatory for all nominating teams, coaches and support personnel to complete the required courses PRIOR nominating. Instructions for completing eLearning courses can be found here.
© Australian Curling Federation – All rights reserved.